October 31st, 2014
CycleVancouver, Metro Vancouver’s cycling trip planner, has been taken offline because it is no longer receiving funding to be maintained and hosted.
Other useful resources that may be helpful in planning your route are:
- Google Maps – has an option to get cycling directions
- Open Cycle Map – view where cycle routes are on a web map.
- The City of Vancouver map of cycle routes
- Translink’s page with cycling maps
- CycleVancouver’s Slope Reference Map
- CycleVancouver’s Elevation Reference Map
- CycleVancouver’s Air Pollution Reference Map
There is interest in measuring if people feel that Cycle Vancouver fills a need that these other resources don’t, so please feel free to vote in the poll below and leave a comment below to let us know your thoughts!
The code has been posted to GitHub, so if you want to make a cycling trip planner 2.0 feel free to clone it!