October 31st, 2014
CycleVancouver, Metro Vancouver’s cycling trip planner, has been taken offline because it is no longer receiving funding to be maintained and hosted.
Update: volunteer work is being done to create a new, more modern Cycle Vancouver with most of the same features. Stay tuned!
Other useful resources that may be helpful in planning your route are:
- Open Street Maps – now has directions, including cycling directions!
- Google Maps – has an option to get cycling directions
- Open Cycle Map – view where cycle routes are on a web map. (No directions)
- The City of Vancouver map of cycle routes
- Translink’s page with cycling maps
- CycleVancouver’s Slope Reference Map
- CycleVancouver’s Elevation Reference Map
- CycleVancouver’s Air Pollution Reference Map
There was interest in measuring if people feel that Cycle Vancouver fills a need that these other resources don’t. We held a poll andthe results were a conclusive yes. The poll is now closed, but please feel free to leave a comment below to let us know your thoughts!
The original Cycle Vancouver code has been posted to GitHub for reference.